Home Modifications Back and Neck Conditions VA
Achieve your greatest level of independence with our installation of home elevators, stair lifts, and more!
Neck and back conditions often create significant barriers to quality of life, yet there are answers. Live In Place not only understands these conditions but also has been able to help many families remain in their homes in familiar surroundings, with independence and mobility.
Back and neck conditions often require modifications in many areas of the home.
Challenges can include:
- Strength deficits to be able to grasp and hold
- Pain and numbness, affecting not only strength but bringing fatigue as well
- Difficulty accomplishing basic tasks while bending and twisting
- Spinal pain affecting a person from the moment of waking to the moment of sleep, and causing the individual to wake up during the night
Live In Place determines what modifications are needed to get out of bed, use the bathroom, move around the home, use the kitchen – all the while avoiding the bending and twisting that cause pain and risk of falling. We assess the home for spinal joint protection and the prevention of inflammation.
In addition, we educate families concerning many important aspects, such as:
- Spinal education about how to stay independent in the home
- How good use of body mechanics can help prevent falls
- How supports help
- How items around the home can be placed so lifting is minimized
Live In Place home modifications will be completed as needed to help ensure your ability to minimize pain, continue to do the tasks you desire and achieve your greatest level of independence.
Call us today at (703) 433-0380 or request a consultation and let’s ensure your continued independence in your own home. Let’s discuss your unique circumstances and see how we can assist you.